Your chances of sticking with something go up significantly if you have someone or something to report to. This is one of the reasons why hiring a personal trainer is effective- consistency for a long period of time yields results. What are some easy ways to build more accountability?
- Hire someone to coach you (online or in person)
- Get 1-2 friends to train with (or whatever it is you’re doing)
- Join a fitness class
- Join a Facebook group
- Tell your friends/family what you’re doing (they’ll ask you for progress reports)
- Use an anti-charity like Stickk. You put up some amount of money to be donated to a charity you don’t support in case you don’t complete the goal.
- Write down your daily process oriented goals for specific times and dates. Don’t schedule “work out this week.” Schedule, “Bike ride Monday at 7am” or “ Resistance training Wednesday at 5pm.”
- Sign up for a competition. Pay for the event. Your training will take on a whole new level of focus.